Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School just started a few weeks ago, in the end of August. For some, this isn't exciting, but for others,(like me) are happy! Especially for the 6th graders for this is their last year in elementary school.
A few of the exciting assemblies we've already had, is # 1: We had a magician come and do some fun tricks, some where you eat toilet paper, hide in a box full of knives, and make a card stick on the ceiling!
#2: We had an amazing musician come and demonstrate what we get to do if we join orchestra.. although I am sure they won't have many volunteers..(It is every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 am to 8:15 am!) I know I won't be getting up that early!
Testing for PE started this week; we are tested on how many sit-ups we can do in a minute, push-ups, and next Monday will be where we run a mile. Girls age 11 have to run it in 9:02, and I am not sure of boys. I don't know if you are excited, but I am!
Today was the presentation of ancient times projects for Mrs. Huffaker's class, and i saw some pretty cool stuff! One group made up a civilization called Cacou,(how do you spell it?) Wich means chocolate in portugese. They wrote about their harvests of the cocoa bean trees, their chocolate festival, and their way of life! Another group worshipped Budha.(haha my group!)
maybe these updates are boring to you, but Thanksgiving and halloween are not so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment